What's the difference between a character's Owner, Creator and Designer?
If you don't participate in adoptables or character trading at all, you shouldn't have to worry about this! Just mark yourself as the creator for all your characters and you shouldn't run into any problems.
If you do participate in adoptables or character trading: every character has an owner and a creator.
- The owner is the person who currently owns the character. They can edit the character, upload images for the character, and post or comment using that character.
- The creator is the person who owns the rights to the design. They can set rules on how the design may be traded or used, as well as restrict character transfers.
- Designers (optional) are any additional persons who contributed to the character design.
In the vast majority of cases, the creator will be the person who originally created and designed the character.
For closed species MYOs or collaborative designs, the creator is whoever is allowed to change permissions for the character design (in most cases, this will be the closed species creator). The designer of an MYO or any collaborators in collaborative designs may then be added as designers.
The purpose behind this system is to prevent spoof or rip-off adoptables. All adoptables will be marked as un-verified until they are confirmed by their creator - you can still trade un-verified designs, but please be careful to make sure you're not buying a fake or copied design.
How do I set a character's credits?
- Go to the character's Ownership page. You can find this link on the character's sidebar menu.
Find the Creator box. This should be the second panel on the page.
If the creator of the character is a Toyhou.se user:
- Click "Transfer to on-site creator".
- Fill the user's username into the box.
- Click "Transfer Creator Credits".
- Wait for this user to accept this character.
If the creator of the character does not have a Toyhou.se account:
- Click "Credit to off-site creator".
- Fill the user's primary URL where they can be found, or their email address into the box.
- Click "Update Creator Credits".
What do the different character tradeabilities mean?
Creators can set characters to be untransferrable, regiftable, retradeable, or resellable:
- Untransferrable: If this is selected, the design will not be able to be transferred unless it is done to or from the creator. This means that all character transfers will have to be done through the creator.
- Regiftable: Regiftable designs can be transferred to new owners but should not be traded for other designs or any form of items or currency.
- Retradeable: Retradeable designs can be traded for art, other designs, or services, but should not be traded for any form of goods or currency.
- Resellable: Resellable items can be traded for any form of goods, service or currency.
Please note that these restrictions are only intended to be a notice and reminder to buyers and sellers of your designs. We can't really stop illicit transactions if people choose to break your rules, but we'll do our best to moderate user disputes if required.
What is the difference between character privacy and listing?
The following are privacy settings:
- Public characters can be viewed by any user.
- Only Logged In will make a character only visible to users while they are logged into the site.
- Only Authorized Users will make a character only visible to users who you have added to your authorization list.
- Only Certain Lists will make the character visible to users who you have added to a specific list of users. This can be done on your Authorizations page.
- Only Me will make a character only visible to yourself.
- Public characters will show up on the front page and in character searches.
- Unlisted characters will not show up on the front page or in character searches.
What are the difference between folder privacies?
- Public folders can be viewed by any user.
- Protected folders are only visible to users who you have added to your authorization list.
- Private folders are only visible to yourself.
How do I delete a character?
- Go to the character's profile
- If you are on mobile, press the "Menu" button at the top of the page to bring up the side menu
- On the side menu, click "Manage Character" to to open the Manage Character section
- Click "Delete Character" which will bring you to the deletion page
- Make sure you check the box to verify that you want to delete the character before clicking the delete character button!